Watch the App Demo
Eligible products and points
Frequently asked questions
How do I find my sales order number (SO#) to scan?
On most assay products, this can be found on the tube racks labels. For other products, you can find the sales order # on the invoice or packing list (see example below). It can also be found in your online history, if you ordered the product online. If you didn’t place the order yourself, you’ll need to contact your purchasing manager to get it from them. If you are still having trouble, you can contact customer support.
Will any SO# work?
Only SO#s from Life Technologies will work. If you have been given another SO# from a dealer, distributor or other entity, this will not work. SO#s will only work for eligible countries. From the time that you order, it can take up to two days for the SO# to appear and will only work after the product has shipped. Also, SO#s will only be valid if they correspond to a purchase that’s occurred within 45 days from the time you try to claim it.
What countries are eligible?
At this time, the following countries are eligible:
United States, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, India, Norway, Singapore, Taiwan, Mexico, Austria, Poland, Hong Kong, Finland, New Zealand, Czech republic, Hungary, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Portugal, and China.
We are working to add other countries in the near future.
What products are included?
At this point, the program is limited to most real-time PCR assays and master-mixes, end-point PCR and sample products we carry. Please refer to the product list for an exhaustive list. We will periodically be adding new products to the program.
Can I get points without a SO#?
At this time, we require SO# in order for you to get points for orders you've placed. This is required to verify purchase and identification of the product.
We also occasionally distribute scratch cards at conferences and through our distributors and dealers. If you get a Reagent Rewards scratch card, you can enter this number into the app and redeem the corresponding number of points.
I can no longer log into my account – what happened?
Check your username and password to make sure they’re correct. Also, if multiple incorrect SO# attempts are tried, you may get locked out of your account until we review your account and then reactivate it.
What happens if I share reagents with my colleagues?
If more than one user tries to redeem points for the same product, the points will be automatically divided amongst the number of users. You will each get a notification when this happens, so you can see who else is sharing the points with you. If you often share reagents, please work out a plan with your colleagues.
What happens if an unauthorized person is claiming my products?
There is a notification that will appear when someone else has claimed your product in the past or if they do in the future. If you want to report this user, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the user in question and we will investigate the issue further.
Why do I see negative points?
On a very rare occasion, this can occur: If another colleague claims a product you had already claimed, your points get adjusted & reduced. If you don’t have enough points to cover this adjustment (i.e. you recently redeemed a gift), your account will show a negative balance.
Can I redeem points if I’m a lab or purchasing manager?
This program was designed in mind for scientists or anyone that’s using the products in the lab. However, if you’re a purchasing manager, you’re free to work out an agreement with your lab mates on who gets credit for what products. In the near future, we may roll out additional support and incentives for lab managers.
When do my points expire?
Points expire one year from the time that you claim them. You will receive a reminder 60 days before the expiration date to alert you of the points that are expiring.
What is the purpose of the lifetime points?
At this point, just bragging rights. But you may soon get something extra special, based on your total points.
Is there a maximum number of points I can achieve per year?
For regular orders, there’s no limit in place. For supply center orders, you can achieve a maximum of 50,000 points in each given year (calculated from your first scan). Please also keep in mind that you can only have up to 9,000 points in your account at one time, before you must redeem some gifts for those points.
How am I eligible for bonus points?
When you register your qPCR instrument’s serial # with us, we track all the points that have been claimed against this instrument. This includes the points from any of your colleagues who are sharing the same instrument and are participating in the program. Once you reach a certain number of points per instrument, everyone receives bonus points.
How many people are eligible for bonus points?
Up to 6 end-users per instrument.
What happens if I misuse the program?
If we notice any misuse of the program, we reserve the right to take away all of your points and ban you and/or your institution from participating in the future.
Can I still use this program if I don’t have an iOS or Android device?
At this time, our program is limited to the app available in those two respective app stores. We may release other versions in the near future.
For full terms, please see the program’s legal terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
REAGENT REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to the Life Technologies Reagent Rewards Program (the “Rewards Program”) and your participation in it.
By participating in the Rewards Program and completing activities that might make you eligible to receive Rewards Program points (as described in these Terms), you acknowledge and agree to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) included here. If you do not agree to these terms, do not submit any information on the activities included as part of the Rewards Program. Points earned through participation in the Rewards Program (“Points”) may be redeemed for the prizes available through this app. Life Technologies reserves the right to modify or terminate the Rewards Program at any time and in any manner, in whole or in part, as outlined below, even though such changes may affect the redemption value of the Points already accumulated or the availability of redeemable merchandise or services. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL REVIEW THESE TERMS PERIODICALLY AND THAT YOU SHALL BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ANY MODIFICATIONS HEREOF.
1. Eligibility. Membership in the Rewards Program is only open to life science professionals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of enrollment and have the capacity to enter into a binding contract. Only residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States, are eligible to participate, and residents of the People’s Republic of China are not eligible for prizes that exceed a total value of $500 US in a single calendar year. Residents of mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong may only redeem Points for “Lab Gifts” and are not eligible to redeem Points for “Individual Gifts” as defined in Section 6. Healthcare professionals may only receive educational or discount based Lab Gifts as defined in Section 6. Participation in the Rewards Program may be prohibited by law or regulation in specific countries, provinces, states, or jurisdictions. The Rewards Program is void where prohibited. It is the responsibility of the program participant to determine his or her eligibility based on governing law and the policies and practices of his or her institution or employer or industry codes of conduct. Corporations or other entities or organizations of any kind are not eligible for the Rewards Program. Employees of Life Technologies Corporation and its affiliates, as well as their family and household members, are not eligible for the Recognition Program.
3. Your Rewards Program Account.
Registration. To participate in the Rewards Program, you must register via the Reagent Rewards Program smart phone or tablet application (“App”) and enter the required information. Only the individual who registers (“Member” or “Members”) will be able to redeem Points and will be entitled to access Rewards Account information.
Earning Points. Members earn Points by entering a sales order number into the App. Points will only be awarded for those products in any given sales order that qualify for the Reagent Rewards Program. Orders may be redeemed for Points up to 45 days after the purchase order date. For a list of qualifying products and the amount of Points each product is worth, go to www.lifetechnologies.com/reagentrewards. If multiple Members try to claim Points from the same products from the same purchase order, points will be split amongst the Members. Members who register the same instrument in their App profile will also be eligible to earn additional points (“Group Points”). Group Points will be tracked separately from individual Points. Each time the Group Points total reaches 8000 Points, each Member sharing the same Group Points will earn 500 additional individual points. The Group Points will then be re-set to zero. Please note that your Group Points will be visible to other Members. Other Members will also be able to see who has submitted a sales order number to earn Points.
Conditions of Use. Life Technologies will attempt to credit Members' accounts with Points and Group Points on a timely basis. However, each Member shall have the responsibility for confirming award requests if necessary, monitoring Point balances, and ensuring that his or her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points or Group Points not credited accurately must be received by Life Technologies within 6 months of the date of claimed accrual of such Points or Group Points or otherwise such Points or Group Points shall no longer be valid or usable. Accuracy of the information submitted is the sole responsibility of the program participant. Life Technologies may audit the accuracy of award requests and may at any time request substantiation of information submitted by program participants. Life Technologies has no liability for the accuracy of information provided by program participants or the consequence thereof. Life Technologies shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Points or Group Points summaries made available by Life Technologies or its agents, for any delay or failure to credit Points or Group Points to Member accounts, or for any failure to provide Rewards Program summaries as outlined in these Terms.
Life Technologies reserves the right to invalidate Points from a Member's Account with notice if it Determines, in its sole discretion, that such Points were improperly credited to such Member's Account or were obtained fraudulently or otherwise in violation of these Terms. Life Technologies reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Points and reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Points without notice, in order to assure compliance with these Terms. By participating in the Recognition Program, each Member is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his or her Account and password and for restricting access to his or her Account using reasonable care. Member agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Member's Account or password. Without limiting any other remedies, Life Technologies may suspend or terminate any Account if Life Technologies suspects, in its sole discretion, that any Member or other person has engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with this Program. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle a Member to a vested right or interest, and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash, transferable, or assignable for any reason. The sale, barter, transfer, or assignment of any accumulated Points, other than by Life Technologies, is strictly prohibited. Any Points that Life Technologies deems in its sole discretion to have been transferred, sold, bartered, or assigned in violation of these Terms may be confiscated and/or canceled.
Participation in the Program is subject to these Terms, as well as policies and procedures that Life Technologies may adopt or modify from time to time. Any failure to abide by these Terms or any policies or procedures implemented by Life Technologies, any conduct detrimental to Life Technologies, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with this Rewards Program, or failure to act in a manner consistent with federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations or ordinances, may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Life Technologies in law or equity, in the termination of membership in the Rewards Program, as well as forfeiture of any Points accrued to date, and any other benefits earned in connection therewith, in Life Technologies’ sole discretion.
4. Start Date. Beginning 9:00 a.m. US Pacific Time May 1, 2013, Members will be able to receive Points according to the requirements set forth in Section 3. Points will be issued to the registered account holder of the Rewards Program App. No orders received before May 1, 2013 will be eligible for redemption.
5. Changes to Points Structure. The Points structure is subject to modification or limitation at any time, with or without notice, in Life Technologies’ sole discretion, including, without limitation, the right to establish additional means of accruing Points, the right to modify and delete any or all of the recognized means of accruing Points existing at any given time, the right to change the rewards available and their values and types and the rewards redemption terms, and the right to exclude specific types of transactions from Points eligibility.
6. Redeeming Points for Rewards. Subject to Life Technologies’ rights to add, delete, or otherwise make changes to the Points structure and the rewards as more fully expressed in the preceding Section, Points may be redeemed for merchandise found in the Points table of rewards, which is posted and periodically updated in the Program website at www.lifetechnologies.com/reagent rewards or in the Redeem Points section of the App. Available prizes will depend upon a Member’s selection of “Personal Gift” or “Lab Gift” when registering via the App. Any gifts redeemed under the Lab Gift option must be used to the benefit of the lab and cannot be used as a personal benefit and it is the Member’s responsibility to use such prizes appropriately. To redeem Points, Member must select the prize from the App. Upon requesting a prize in the App, Members will be required click to agree to warrant, that the Member is not prohibited or limited by employment, contract, regulation, law or otherwise from accepting the prize. Responsibility for truthfully accepting this warranty is solely the responsibility of the Member. Points will remain cumulative after each prize redemption. Each redeeming Member is solely responsible for ensuring that his/her email address is correct in the Rewards Program records prior to redemption. Gift card prize values in the App will either be displayed in the Member’s local country’s denomination or in US dollars. Residents of certain jurisdictions may be subject to an import tax on certain items, which must be paid at the time of delivery and will be disclosed at the time of redemption. Life Technologies obligation regarding delivery of a reward is satisfied upon sending the selected award to the email address for the Member contained in the Rewards Program records as of the date of redemption. Life Technologies is not responsible for lost or stolen rewards and will be responsible for non‐receipt of rewards only when a reward is sent to an email address different than the one in the Rewards Program records as of the date of redemption. Members must allow a minimum of 4 weeks for fulfillment of a selected reward. No cash will be exchanged for the unused portion of any Member’s Points. The availability of any reward or items offered in the Rewards Program is subject to change without notice at any time and subject to availability in the sole discretion of Life Technologies. Rewards may be available only in limited quantities and will be distributed on a first‐come, first‐served basis. Members should regularly consult the App for updates about reward availability.
7. Expiration of Points. All Points will expire no later than 11:59:59 p.m. US Pacific Time twelve (12) months from the date the Points were credited to the Rewards Program Account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Life Technologies retains the right to cancel any Member’s Account and accumulated Points in the event of inactivity for twelve (12) consecutive months. No extensions, cash refunds or other exchanges will be allowed for expired Points.
9. Modification To, Termination or Extension of Rewards Program Terms.
(a) Modification to Terms: Membership in the Rewards Program is offered at the discretion of Life Technologies and Life Technologies reserves in its sole discretion the right to modify the Terms, Points, redemption values, benefits, reward levels, conditions of participation, rules for issuing, redeeming, retaining, using, or forfeiting Points and rewards and their respective duration or timing, or any other aspect of the Program, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the redemption value of the points already accumulated. Life Technologies will give reasonable advance notice of any modification of the Terms hereof which may adversely impact your Member Account. Members understand that the most recent version of the Terms will be located at the Rewards Program website located at www.lifetechnologies.com/reagentrewards. A Member's continued use of the Rewards Program following the posting on the Rewards Program website of conspicuous notice of any modification will indicate Member's acceptance of any modification to the Terms hereof. Any Member may object to the modification to the Rewards Program and/or its Terms by no longer participating.
(b) Termination: The Rewards Program will terminate at the sole discretion of Life Technologies. In the event of early termination, Life Technologies shall give conspicuous notice at least 60 days prior to the date that such termination becomes effective, during which time Members may still accrue and redeem Points, provided, however, that Members agree that Life Technologies shall not be required to give 60 days notice if such termination is due to the filing of a petition in bankruptcy, an adjudication of bankruptcy, insolvency, an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or any other discontinuance of business. All Points must be redeemed prior to the effective date of termination. Members should not rely upon the continued availability of the Rewards Program or any Points accumulated in connection therewith.
10. Limitation on Liability. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (A) ANY USE OF THE REWARDS PROGRAM, (B) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY BY LIFE TECHNOLOGIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE REWARDS PROGRAM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, ANY COMPONENT OF THIS REWARDS PROGRAM); OR (C) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON PERFORMANCE OF THE REWARDS PROGRAM BY LIFE TECHNOLOGIES, EVEN IF LIFE TECHNOLOGIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of your registration information, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. If, despite the limitation above, Life Technologies is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of, or is in any way connected with, any of the occurrences described in the limitation above, then its liability will in no event exceed, in total, the sum of US $100.00. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE LIMITATIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE REWARDS PROGRAM, WHICH IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS‐IS" AND "AS‐AVAILABLE" BASIS. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ITS REWARDS PROGRAM WILL BE ERROR‐FREE. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION DISTRIBUTED WITH RESPECT TO THE REWARDS PROGRAM. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON‐INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS WARRANTY DISCLAIMER MAY BE LIMITED IN ITS APPLICABILITY TO YOU.
12. Taxes. Determination and payment of tax liability on awards, including income, excise, or value added tax, if any, are the sole responsibility of Member.
13. Acts Beyond Life Technologies’ Control. The failure of Life Technologies to comply with the Terms because of an act of God, war, fire, riot, terrorism, earthquake, actions of federal, state, provincial or local governmental authorities, or for any other reason beyond the reasonable control of Life Technologies, shall not be deemed a breach of the Terms. If any such contingency shall last for more than sixty (60) days, Life Technologies shall have the right to terminate the Rewards Program immediately by giving notice and shall have no further liability to any Member.
14. Governing Law and Consent to Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, will govern these Terms, as well as Members’ and Life Technologies’ observance of them. If you take any legal action relating to your use of this Rewards Program or these Terms, you agree to file such action only in the state or federal courts located in San Diego, California, USA.
15. No Waiver. Life Technologies’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Life Technologies in writing.
16. Captions. The headings in these Terms are for your convenience and reference. These headings do not limit or affect these Terms.
17. Complete Agreement. These Terms, together with those items made a part of these Terms by reference, make up the entire agreement between Life Technologies and Members relating to the Rewards Program, and replaces any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the Rewards Program. If a court finds any of these Terms to be unenforceable or invalid, those term(s) will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the other Terms will remain in full force and effect.
18. Sponsor. Life Technologies Corporation: 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 T (760) 603‐7200
Reward options by country
|1,000 points||3,000 points||5,000 points||9,000 points|
|United States||$5 Starbucks Gift Card OR $5 Amazon Gift Card||$100 off your next order* OR $20 Amazon Gift Card||$40 Amazon Gift Card||$80 Amazon Gift Card|
|Canada||$5 Starbucks Gift Card OR $5 Amazon Gift Card||$100 off your next order* OR $20 Amazon CA Gift Card||$40 Amazon CA Gift Card||$80 Amazon CA Gift Card|
|Germany||$5 Paypal Credit*||$100 off your next order* OR €20 Amazon DE Gift Card||€40 Amazon DE Gift Card||€80 Amazon DE Gift Card|
|France||$5 Paypal Credit*||$100 off your next order* OR €20 Amazon FR Gift Card||€40 Amazon FR Gift Card||€80 Amazon FR Gift Card|
|UK||$5 Paypal Credit*||$100 off your next order* OR £15 Amazon UK Gift Card||£30 Amazon UK Gift Card||£50 Amazon UK Gift Card|
|China||$5 Paypal Credit*||$100 off your next order* OR ¥125 Amazon CN Gift Card||¥250 Amazon CN Gift Card||¥500 Amazon CN Gift Card|
|Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, India, Norway, Singapore, Taiwan, Mexico, Austria, Poland, Hong Kong, Finland, New Zealand, Czech republic, Hungary, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Portugal||$5 Paypal Credit*||$100 off your next order* OR $20 Paypal Credit*||$40 Paypal Credit*||$80 Paypal Credit*|
|* $500 order minimum or equivalent value in local denomination.|